Wednesday, March 16, 2011

REFLECTION

                 Guide Questions:
                              i.      What was your reaction to the online Blog Activity?
                                                            ii.      Are you having some difficulty configuring the use of Web Blogging? Explain
                                                          iii.      Did the activity gave you deeper or broader understanding about the used of Blogs?Why?
                                                          iv.      Did the activity increases or decreases you enthusiasm, willingness or effort to learn more about technology? Why
                                                            v.      What important things have you learned from this activity?
                                                          vi.      What generalization can you formulate with this activity?



What we hope to do with ease, we must learn to do first
with diligence.-Samuel Johnson
This is our requirement in edtech2  for the fulfillment of our course. I am the web designer and photo editor of our blog portfolio entitled “liferistx05”. If I were to describe my experience in making our blog portfolio, I would label it as a “backbreaking”. These activities require good mental, physical, emotional health and of course cooperation along with the group member. I consumed 3-4 hours facing our PC in doing reflections, article, editing pictures and others. This blog activity really inverted my leisure time into a working time. Instead of visiting my facebook account, I rather visit our blog site to spend my spare time valuable. The cooperation that we have in our group motivates me to do my responsibilities.
This blog activity is not joke. It needs devotion and it had eaten most of my time both in school and at home. I cannot even have my leisure time where I can do my hobbies. After all, I came to realized that indeed, everything happens for a reason. I had learned a lot of things especially in blogging. I had acquired better understanding about myself, fellows and other significant people surround me.
This blogging activity brought me suffering, pains and agonies but it made me realized that I am blessed. It provided me an avenue to recognize my strengths and weaknesses. More so, it gives me a clearer outlook on how to start my own blogging site. and the use of  technology. I hope that I could eternalize and lived with the learning I have acquired in making our blog portfolio.
Marell O. Regidor


Do you have the characteristics to EXIST? This is the blog title of our blog site. Making this blog site is one of the requirements on our Educational Technology 2 subject, with the supervision of Dr. Ma. Theresa Pelones M.D. 
At first I have thought that this activity is just an additional requirement and have no sense at all. But as we go along doing the blog activity, I found out that this activity is exciting and it helped in promoting cooperation within the group members and it also enhances our critical thinking skills and creativity.
Having a great difficulty configuring the use of web blogging is indeed a miserable thing. Yes! I experience that difficulty. This is because I am not used to do such thing . all I know is to open my facebook account, update my status and play games on the said social networking site. Watching videos on youtube and researching are some of the things I am used to.
Using blogs is an unusual thing for a new blog user like me. Yes of course! This activity gave me deeper and broader understanding about the use of blogs. This helped me explore the world of blogging and do something which is different with the usual things I did. This also allows me to share thoughts about a certain thing and show my talent in video editing which is my part in this activity.
This activity increases my enthusiasm, willingness, and effort to learn more about technology. This is for the reason that it gives me more knowledge about technology. I have also discovered new way to express my feelings by means of blogging. And most of all this activity helped me to be more familiar and acquainted with technology.
There are so many important things that I have learned with regards to this activity. Primarily,cooperation which is the most important thing in order that the group work will be successful. Patience for all the sleepless nights and stressful days, and finally creativity and intelligence  which is the factor that enables our blog site to be interesting to read. With all those things, a successful outcome of the activity was made possible.
With this activity, I can say that technology is really a world where there are so many things that we need to discover in order that we can have an easier life and share something special within us.But, to make the work successful cooperation, patience, creativity and intelligence is needed. I have learned a lot doing this activity and I am lucky to be a part of this unforgettable experience we had.
April Mae L. Plastico


The best learning is “learning by doing”. This activity taught me and shares me the best learning experienced ever.

                My first reaction with this blog activity is it is just a waste of time and a waste of money. But unfortunately I was wrong, because I never thought that this would be fun and exciting. It will enhance your creativity skills, thus promoting the cooperation and collaboration in the group since it is a group activity.
                Of course, Yes! I can’t deny the fact that I’ve encountered difficulty configuring the use of Web blogging. Because what I did most in the web is pure researching, regarding my studies and for my entertainment, I do the social networking. In fact, with these difficulties, it motivated me to learn more about this web blogging, and it work so.
                Definitely Yes! The activity gave me deeper or broader understanding about the use of blogs. It helped me to do better than what is just common. It helped me to showcase some of my knowledge and skills in designing.
                It increases my enthusiasm, willingness and effort to learn more on technology. Since, it adds on my knowledge on technology, I can explore more and I can do more about it. Obviously, it helps my being to acquaint more on technology.
                The important things I have learned from this activity are; patience, creativity, cooperation and collaboration in the group. These things are essential in this activity.
                I can generalize this activity as one of the memorable way of learning in which I love to work in a group with the use of technology with the time constraint that helped me to be motivated to finish this activity. 
Precious Chris H. Abellar




Blogging is one of well known media of technology or specifically the World Wide Web which allows us to express ourselves around the globe, from your own political vies, beliefs, scientific discoveries and many more.


As for me, blogging is not new because I used to do blogging but with the sudden shift of interest and priority for studies, I left the world of blogging. The activities about blogging again arouse my interest and again involve myself in such media. It is a challenge that we will do this time in group, not with the usual context that I liked, but to think of making the work as group. This times a blog that doesn’t usually in text or article in showing many wonderful things around us. I have learned how to do this in a group and add a colorful concept in blog page coming from different great minds of my group mates. We presented trivia, videos, photos and many more that can made our blog more interesting and worthy to be visited.

Exposing us in such media will truly help the collage aim in creating new breads of future educators. Educators that knows how to manipulate and control various technology available in the society.

You may ask how blogging becomes an interesting thing for an individual to do, most specially like me, a fan of exploring new things using the World Wide Web. The answer is just simple, it is easy way to access and showing your work is easier with just a click, and presto various information is can already be shown in different countries around the globe. This activity simply proves that we can actually make or discover new things that can give us new avenue in learning. Providing us these things makes us confident to be what we are and to improve more with the use of new technology available. As of me, I can confidently say that I can be a modern breed of teacher. 
Reymart F. Ordez



“Five heads is better than one”-it’s true because when more than one is working there are possibilities that the effort will be double than doing alone. The task given to us by our professor is a group work and thus needs cooperation and participation of all the members. Doing blog for me is difficult in the sense that in does not only contains of my own opinions or her opinions but it should be the consensus of everybody, the ideas and thoughts of the group member will be discuss and introduce. To avoid misunderstandings, there should be consultation to all the members. The opinion of one must be considered since it is a group output. 
Well, in our group we decided that “liferistix05” is the name of our blog because we have chosen the characteristics of living organisms. We also designated the topic to every member as our individual article. These articles will appear on our blog site, provide individual reflection and personal vitae with pictures. In our blog, we put collages containing our pictures and videos of our topic. We also put some information there with regards to the topic; let’s say information about characteristics of life and the like. Though I’m not really expert on doing so but still my colleagues were very understanding and approachable. They recognize our opinions and consulted as in every details of the blog. We were assigned to do the work like to find videos, searchers, designer, editor and etc.
Nevertheless, I can say that creating a blog is time consuming because we really need time to work on it, for documentation and for the development of our blog. But because all of us gave extra effort, spend our time just to finish and polish it, and we made it!
Most importantly, I would like to say thank you first of all to our professor for letting us do an activity like this. It really helps a lot and it serve as experience to work torrid to our fellow classmates and to know them better. To appreciate their talents and kills like this. And for my co-members for your patience and understanding, the time and effort you shared to finished this output. I know and we know that our effort will be appreciated.


IRENE T. PANES

No comments:

Post a Comment